So far I have resisted all attempts from my friends to join facebook. I have derided it, and given long speeches on why I am too good to join. And yet, I have recently been suckered into the narcissistic joy of twitter. Now I find myself trying to convince them to join the cult.
Please feel free to get revenge, to take the “holier than thou” approach and tell me what a hypocrite I am. Then sign up to twitter, because otherwise you will be missing out on the extremely essential aspects of my life and the random snatches of thought that I feel like sharing with the world.
Here’s a few examples from this week, so you can see how awesome I am:
- at the climate change rally. rob Quantock is a funny bastard
- Due to procrastination I missed out on attending a GPU cluster (supercomputer) programming seminar at work. Damn you laziness! Damn you!
- best joke of the night: getting a tshirt printed with the following in kanji: “help me, i’m trapped in a sweatshop”
- hip hop dance classes are difficult and full of narcissists. Who’d a thunk it?
- What bad luck: someone stole my bicycle.
- What good luck: particle accelerators are rad.
Am I not awesome? Don’t you just want to read stuff like that everyday?
Oh god, what have I become.